Our client, located in Greensboro, NC is a full-service general contractor specializing in property loss and restoration of both commercial and residential property. They have been in business for 30 years and continue to grow. We are assisting them in their search for an experienced Water Damage and Remediation Lead Technician.
A Water Damage and Remediation Lead Technician is responsible for the fast response to emergency disaster claims and other restoration-related activities. They offer hope to victims of disasters to help their lives return to normalcy. Our Technicians guide the property owner through the restoration process whether it be fire water wind or mold damage. When the job is completed, the satisfaction of knowing you helped someone put their property back together is rewarding.
The work environment is fast-paced, competitive, and always ever changing. Because we are a 24/7 emergency service company, Applicants must be willing and available at intervals to work longer hours, share the ‘on-call responsibilities’ in a rotating fashion, and be open to travel to disaster locations (as dictated by the needs of the company). We offer excellent benefits, a great work environment, and the opportunity to grow within your role.
- Setting/Carrying equipment
- Responding to job calls, pipes bursting, freezes, floods, fire/smoke damage
- Supervising crews
- Communicate with customers
- Taking pictures of damage
- Recording and Tracking Moisture meter readings
- Maintain daily job reports and records
- Scope fire, wind, water, mold and disaster related losses
- Drive and operate truck and machinery (operate extraction machine, dehumidifiers, etc)
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects on a regular basis
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Clean background check
- Willingness/ability to work some weekends and night hours as needed
- Know how to use basic hand tools such as a hammer, saws, etc.
- Must have a team player mentality
- Motivated and organized person with a positive attitude
- Ability to think on your feet
- Personable and professional individual who makes a good first impression with customers
- Must be respectful of company property, such as equipment and vehicles
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Clean appearance
- Willing to submit to random drug tests
- Requires medium labor - candidate must be able to lift 50lbs. routinely
- Ability to work in awkward and confined places; stand; sit; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; talk and hear.
- Willing to occasionally work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions; and extreme cold (non-weather)
- Willing to work under fumes or airborne particle and toxic or caustic chemicals environment (will be provided safety training and safety equipment)
Certifications & Degrees
- High school diploma or equivalent
- IICRC Certified in Water Damage Restoration a plus
- IICRC Certified in Fire & Smoke Restoration a plus
- IICRC Certified in Applied Microbial Remediation a plus
- Supplied company vehicle
- Company Phone
- Company iPad
- Earned Vacation & Sick Days
- Medical & Dental Insurance
Hourly rate is $15-20 based on experience, knowledge and certifications
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following: