An Indianapolis heating and plumbing wholesale distribution company has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Attendant.
Summary: This position will pull orders, put up stock, unload and load trucks, keep warehouse clean and debris free. All must be done accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick, pull, pack and prepare orders accurately and double check for shipping or delivery.
- Receive inbound freight, check for damage, and record accurately on receiving paperwork the actual quantities received and note any other information as appropriate (i.e., damage). Prepare and process any receiving discrepancy reports as needed in accordance with company procedure.
- Keep the warehouse organized and clean for efficient operations. Create, promote, and maintain a safe working environment and train new co-workers as required.
- Perform cycle counts and conduct physical inventory as directed by the company.
- Must be able to assist the Warehouse Supervisor in projects related to the entire department outlined above.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus at least three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend customer orders, short company correspondences, supplier pack slips, etc.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must speak fluid English and have good communication skills.