Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc. specializes in delivering exceptional commercial and residential landscape services and is part of an organization that has been growing successful companies since 2016. The company has a distinct culture that sets it apart from its competition by challenging its employees with the empowerment to chart the company’s destiny. Due to our plans for aggressive growth the Landscape Management division has an immediate opening for an Area Manager at their Lafayette, IN branch.
- Area Managers are responsible for performing landscape maintenance on properties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Manage multiple properties per contract documents
- Prepare monthly labor and equipment projections
- Prepare and give weekly toolbox talks
- Participate in pre-site meetings
- Manage 1-2 subcontractors
- Execute and derive additional sales
- Regularly prepares daily diary/reports
- Regularly prepares crew performance charts
- Sees crew members are regularly and continually trained on equipment and safety
- Equipment is maintained regularly and used properly and efficiently
- Soil prep, sodding, seeding, plant layout, water features, aquatics
- Operate heavy equipment (i.e.-skid steer, backhoe, trencher)
- Operate all medium size equipment for all properties
- Understands the loading/unloading process
- Identify basic plant material
- Assist with larger plant materials (i.e.-enhancements)
- Understand irrigation controllers, wire, troubleshooting, nozzle functions, winterizations
- Understand site specific plants, turf, and irrigation needs
- Identify insects/fungus
- Pest Control
- Must have five years landscape experience.
- Strong knowledge of horticultural practices, industry standards, site development
- Speak/Understand English
- Obtains valid US States Driver’s License with clean BMV record
- Ability to possess OSHA 10 HR certification
- Ability to possess CPR and first aid certification
- RT Certified is recommended
- 3a and 3b license
- CLT (Certified Landscape Technician) AND/OR IAH (Indiana Accredited Horticulturist) recommended.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs routinely.
Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other category as protected by law.