Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc. is a respected landscape management and installation company. The company has a distinct culture that sets it apart from its competition by challenging its employees with the empowerment to chart the company’s destiny. Due to our plans for aggressive growth, the Landscape Maintenance Division is hiring a Foreman for their Lafayette, IN branch.
The Foreman is completely responsible for planning and executing all aspects of generally large, complex commercial landscape installation projects.
- Duties include labor and subcontract management, accepting material at the site, customer relations and overseeing safety on the job.
- Manages 3-5 employees on crews and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Will be responsible for ensuring all crew members are in company uniform and are wearing the proper safety gear as required (safety glasses, ear plugs, boots, etc.).
- Will be responsible for the safety and management of crew members.
- Must be able to work as a team member, follow instructions, and present a positive impression to our clients and employees.
- Plans landscaping tasks and instructs workers on projects to ensure completion by proposed completion dates.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the work site, trucks, shop, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining tools and equipment and reporting issues to your manager.
- Must have strong plant and irrigation knowledge. General planting of trees, shrubs, flowers, and irrigation.
- Must be proficient with landscape machinery (skid steer with attachments, mini excavator, truck and trailer, and a variety of gas powered/electric tools).
- Must be able to competently haul machinery with trucks and trailers. CDL license a plus.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Must display skills in horticulture and plant identification.
- Competent skills in reading and implementing landscape design drawings.
- Must be able to think creatively to meet site conditions and possess the ability to make decisions on and off design changes.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of working as a crew foreman for a landscape company.
- Ideal candidates will have a track record of successfully managing or being a part of a multi crew landscape installation operations.
- Candidate should also have a good knowledge of plant material and horticultural practices, irrigation systems, be well organized and detail oriented.
- A degree in landscape contracting, horticulture or business management are preferred.
- Certified Landscape Technician – (CLT) is a plus
- Able to obtain OSHA 10 or 30
- Obtains a valid US States Driver’s License with a clean BMV record
Midwest Landscape Industries, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other category as protected by law.