Do you enjoy leading an assurance team, but are feeling unappreciated by your firm’s leaders?
Do you like serving clients, but are frustrated by not having your voice heard?
Do you constantly look for opportunities to improve processes, but are met with resistance to change from your current employer?
Are you motivated to advance your career, but not given the opportunity for promotion?
Would you like the chance to be a vital part of a growing, progressive, entrepreneurial CPA firm where you are valued as a person and as a professional?
At Donovan CPAs, we recognize our firm is only as strong as our people. We are seeking to add another leader to our firm’s growing assurance team. If this description sounds like you, and you have experience leading audit, review, compilation, and agreed-upon procedures engagements, let’s talk!
As an assurance senior staff at Donovan CPAs, you will be responsible for leading an engagement team from planning to completion of client engagements. We serve a significant number of non-profit clients, including many charter schools, so non-profit and Uniform Guidance audit experience is preferred. The majority of our firm’s assurance work occurs in the fall, from August through December annually, with a smaller volume of work from January through July. In addition to non-profits clients, we also serve manufacturing, construction, professional services, and employee benefit plan clients. The management team at Donovan CPAs is personable and approachable. We are always looking for opportunities to improve our firm and our client service – your suggestions are not only welcomed but expected!
- 3 - 5 years of experience in providing assurance services in public accounting
- Experience in paperless audit environment (e.g. ProSystem fx Engagement)
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA licensure
- Tax experience would be appreciated, but is not required
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter capable of decision making and critical thinking
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Well-organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- A passion for working with numbers and helping people
Reasons to Apply
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off, 401(k) match, health benefits, CPA exam incentives, and professional training
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a growing CPA firm
- Flexible working environment, including potential for part-time employment and seasonal employment.
- Opportunity to join a team of positive and hard-working individuals
For more information, visit Donovan at www.cpadonovan.com