A central Indiana commercial landscape services company has an immediate need for a Business Developer/Account Manager. They specialize in delivering exceptional commercial landscape services and is part of an organization that has been growing successful companies since 2016. The company has a distinct culture that sets it apart from its competition by challenging its employees with the empowerment to chart the company’s destiny. Due to their plans for aggressive growth, the Landscape Maintenance Division has a need for an experienced Business Developer / Account Manager.
The Business Development Manager is completely responsible for the success of the Landscape Maintenance branch’s sales effort including planning, budgeting, identifying leads, assisting in estimating, presenting bids and establishing long term client relationships. Ideal candidates will have a track record of success in developing sales for a similar sized business in the landscape, grounds maintenance or related fields, have a good knowledge of the commercial service industry and the local landscape market, be well organized and detail oriented. A degree in landscape contracting, horticulture, marketing or business management is preferred but not required.
- Develop new business, new relationships with key decision makers, new markets beginning with prospecting and cold calling through to negotiation, pricing and finalized contracts.
- Maximize relationships with existing customers and markets.
- Effectively use cutting edge technology for client presentations including webinars and internal reporting, efficiencies, key performance metrics.
- Train and mentor a high-performance sales team
- Create strategic and tactical sales plans and programs to develop new business, new relationships and new markets to meet or exceed established goals and KPI’s
- Be a high-performance sales “hunter” developing new business, relationships and markets and negotiating profitable contracts that result in growing revenue.
- Contribute your understanding of the market, customers, industry, competitors, trends and opportunities to the overall strategic direction of the company.
- Collaborate with top management and internal departments leading your expertise on pricing and content for estimates, bids, proposals and presentations as well successful transition to operations
- Effective use of technology and CRM to track and provide timely and accurate reports and results with suggested corrective actions when required.
- Participate in external sales and marketing activities to create demand, increase brand awareness and generate qualified leads for sales opportunities including associations, trade shows and events.
- Demonstrate, communicate and promote customer service, best practices, accountability, integrity, ethics, performance, growth, profitability, corporate and branch goals, culture and the value of a workforce