A Baltimore area construction support organization is seeking a Meeting Coordinator. The Meeting Coordinator role is to plan and manage the details of peer group meetings and other educational events for owners of small businesses who are located across the U.S. The Meeting Coordinator will deal directly with our most important clients as we work to deliver an exceptional meeting experience.
The Meeting Coordinator will manage registration, pre-and post-event communications, budget management, and logistical details. Responsible for creating budgets for each event, striving to increase profitability while maintaining the high standards for all meetings.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing the logistics for 30-35 meetings per year as part of a Meeting Coordinator Team.
- Manage budget of approximately $700,000 annually for all events.
- Ordering Food & Beverage, arranging meeting rooms and lodging for attendees.
- Organizing transportation when necessary.
- Managing to a budget
- Scheduling facilitators
- Prepare and/or create program specifications (menus, setups, audio visual) to event locations.
- Negotiate and contract vendors (e.g. ground transportation, entertainment, off site activities and décor elements via direct vendors and/or preferred destination management companies).
- Manage and/or facilitate program payment schedules, budgets, vendors, timeline creation and adherence, payment reconciliation to corporate credit card, check requests and chargebacks to client’s cost centers.
- Manage accounts payable lists and coordinate with Office Manager/Bookkeeper
- Follow and help improve established procedures for coordinating Roundtables Meetings
- Travel domestically to attend meetings (up to 20%)
Required Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, communications or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and years of experience in meeting planning or hospitality management
- Four - five years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including proofing and editing
- Ability to manage high volume of work and multiple priorities; strong presentations skills
- Ability to generally work independently as well as part of a team
- Leadership skills to effectively manage project staff with and without reporting relationships.
- Expertise with event and meeting planning principles, event management software.
- Proven track record with critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Familiarity with InfusionSoft a plus.
- Strong logistical planning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively is a must
- Strong accounting skills with a track record of budget management and responsibility.
- Effective program management, organizational and time management skills.
- Good negotiator
- Creative Thinker loves to do things just a little bit different.
- Like to work with people and have a good time doing it.
- Always looking for ways to improve work and processes! We like to be THE BEST!